June 13, 2005
The development boom in the West’s exurbs is draining public coffers and destroying the region’s last wide-open spaces. Also in this issue: A judge has thrown out the Bush administration’s salmon protection plan, setting the stage for dramatic changes to the federal hydropower system.
- Linda G Johnson on Emotions run high over monument designation in Utah
- Paul Maurer on Emotions run high over monument designation in Utah
- Dylan Buchanan on In this season of potential megaburns, nix the campfire
- Dawn Hatch on We should be proud of delisting grizzlies
- Jim Bolen on Land transfer battles rage on, county by county