March 6, 1995
A Forest Service plan to close roads made by all-terrain vehicles provokes angry reaction from ATV users.
Former Interior Secretary James Watt is indicted by a federal grand jury for lying to Congress and obstructing an investigation of fraud.
Arches National Park uses pilot program to measure how many people are too many people at Delicate Arch.
Peter M. Leschak reminisces about firefighting in his book Hellroaring: The Life and Times of a Fire Bum.
A report by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration blames Forest Service and BLM "indifference" and "willful safety violations" for deaths of 14 firefighters in Colorado.
Quote from smokejumper Kevin Erickson depicts dramatic scene as fire overcomes 14 firefighters in the South Canyon Fire in Glenwood Springs, Colorado.
Idaho Sen. Larry Craig proposes a bill to give fast-track approval to timber sales in forests at "high risk" for fire danger.
- Traci Amborn on Fracking is the big new gun
- Deb Dedon on Should the president of the Navajo Nation speak Navajo?
- Deb O'Neill on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- Bill Williams on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- Nathan Johnson on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation