March 6, 1995
It's not a fluke, it's not just the drought, and it's not careless smokers. Decades of all-out logging and all-out fire suppression torched Yellowstone in 1988, ignited the fatal Colorado fire last summer, and set the stage for the thousands of fires in between.
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- David Taft on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- Lee Rimel on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- Fred Swanson on Is tech ruining the wilderness?