March 6, 1995
It's not a fluke, it's not just the drought, and it's not careless smokers. Decades of all-out logging and all-out fire suppression torched Yellowstone in 1988, ignited the fatal Colorado fire last summer, and set the stage for the thousands of fires in between.
- Todd Leeds on What will become of the backcountry in Utah’s Wasatch?
- Candy Odiorne on Why are Western attorneys general going rogue?
- Carol Bartlett on Looking back on a century of poisoning predators
- Matt Chew on The beaver whisperer
- Mike Sennett on Ducks Unlimited fires writer over stream access fracas