I believe many (not all) in this movement have an elitist attitude toward members of the general public. They believe members of the public have no concept of what is best for the land, earth, or much of anything else. I am a consulting environmental scientist. My job takes me to the working end of environmental issues — cleaning up messes, developing solutions, and dealing with people often scared out of their wits by environmental messes. The people of Libby were loyal to those who paid their bills. They share this with environmental activists. They have very divergent mission statements, but both work for money.
- Traci Amborn on Fracking is the big new gun
- Deb Dedon on Should the president of the Navajo Nation speak Navajo?
- Deb O'Neill on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- Bill Williams on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- Nathan Johnson on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation