I believe many (not all) in this movement have an elitist attitude toward members of the general public. They believe members of the public have no concept of what is best for the land, earth, or much of anything else. I am a consulting environmental scientist. My job takes me to the working end of environmental issues — cleaning up messes, developing solutions, and dealing with people often scared out of their wits by environmental messes. The people of Libby were loyal to those who paid their bills. They share this with environmental activists. They have very divergent mission statements, but both work for money.
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town