I believe many (not all) in this movement have an elitist attitude toward members of the general public. They believe members of the public have no concept of what is best for the land, earth, or much of anything else. I am a consulting environmental scientist. My job takes me to the working end of environmental issues — cleaning up messes, developing solutions, and dealing with people often scared out of their wits by environmental messes. The people of Libby were loyal to those who paid their bills. They share this with environmental activists. They have very divergent mission statements, but both work for money.
- Thomas Arvensis on How do we define climate pollution's cost to society?
- Gene Sengstake on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?
- Rich Jordan on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?
- Patrick Johnston on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?
- Tom Darnell on Four charts that show how public land is good for rural areas