If anything holds promise and is deserving of research dollars, it’s photovoltaics. From a rooftop, they would have no additional impact on open spaces. They are expensive at the moment. But when I think of how many solar panels could be purchased for the price of a smart bomb, I just shake my head.
Americans are consuming enormous amounts of energy, and the trajectory is exponential. Most of the talk about solving energy problems revolves around how to get more per capita and more for an ever-increasing population. Our thinking has to change if we’re to have any chance at long-term sustainability.
- Traci Amborn on Fracking is the big new gun
- Deb Dedon on Should the president of the Navajo Nation speak Navajo?
- Deb O'Neill on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- Bill Williams on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- Nathan Johnson on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation