If anything holds promise and is deserving of research dollars, it’s photovoltaics. From a rooftop, they would have no additional impact on open spaces. They are expensive at the moment. But when I think of how many solar panels could be purchased for the price of a smart bomb, I just shake my head.
Americans are consuming enormous amounts of energy, and the trajectory is exponential. Most of the talk about solving energy problems revolves around how to get more per capita and more for an ever-increasing population. Our thinking has to change if we’re to have any chance at long-term sustainability.
- Peter Nelson on Two political elites prevail in Navajo primary melee
- Deb Dedon on New Mexico delays controversial Gila vote
- Deb Dedon on Considering historical correctness in New Mexico
- Deb Dedon on Two political elites prevail in Navajo primary melee
- Chuck Brushwood on Did Obama's Interior hobble the Endangered Species Act?