May 30, 2005
In Montana’s Madison County, Reid Rosenthal uses conservation easements to help the land — and make his investors rich. Also in this issue: Facing severe budget cuts, the Forest Service is selling off property, and considering closing some recreation sites it considers too expensive to maintain.
- Dale Lockwood on Rural cops get militarized
- C.C. Havens on A day on the river that ended in a death
- Robb Cadwell on Did Obama's Interior hobble the Endangered Species Act?
- Trey Turnbull on Wolf pups, and the return of wild wonder
- Michael Jakubcin on Two degrees warmer and rising: A review of A Great Aridness