If you have to ask, "Who’s Hayduke?" this isn’t the book for you. This guide wanders from Zion National Park to Arches via the Grand Canyon, Bryce, Grand Staircase-Escalante and Glen Canyon. It’s full of good topographic maps (though the authors warn backpackers to bring their own), route descriptions, and even journal entries to tempt readers to put down the book, cancel the mail, and get out into the backcountry.
- Andrew Sipocz on The great salmon compromise
- Kyle Klain on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area
- Mary Sojourner on Rants from the Hill: Desert Insomnia
- Mary Sojourner on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on Why are Hopi rangers impounding sheep at Black Mesa?