If you have to ask, "Who’s Hayduke?" this isn’t the book for you. This guide wanders from Zion National Park to Arches via the Grand Canyon, Bryce, Grand Staircase-Escalante and Glen Canyon. It’s full of good topographic maps (though the authors warn backpackers to bring their own), route descriptions, and even journal entries to tempt readers to put down the book, cancel the mail, and get out into the backcountry.
- Meg Scherch-Peterson on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans