If you have to ask, "Who’s Hayduke?" this isn’t the book for you. This guide wanders from Zion National Park to Arches via the Grand Canyon, Bryce, Grand Staircase-Escalante and Glen Canyon. It’s full of good topographic maps (though the authors warn backpackers to bring their own), route descriptions, and even journal entries to tempt readers to put down the book, cancel the mail, and get out into the backcountry.
- Larry Glickfeld on Trekking across Colorado’s fragmented wildernesses
- Yue Li on On those who live and die along the border
- Shelley Stallings on Photos: Diving for delicacies
- Mark York on Getting over the ‘taboo’ in a gun-rights conversation
- Robert Hooper on Trekking across Colorado’s fragmented wildernesses