May 16, 2005
Despite angry environmentalists, rotting timber, and unenthusiastic logging companies, the Bush administration is determined to push logging on roadless land burned by the Biscuit Fire in southwestern Oregon. Also in this issue: The House of Representatives has just passed an energy bill that is even more outrageously friendly to industry than the Bush administration had requested.
- Jim Bolen on Bears Ears: Correcting an off-base argument
- Mark Rozman on At Standing Rock, activists dig in on historic treaty land
- Dana Powers on At Standing Rock, activists dig in on historic treaty land
- Steve Snyder on What Obama can actually do about Standing Rock
- Dana Powers on What Obama can actually do about Standing Rock