May 16, 2005
Despite angry environmentalists, rotting timber, and unenthusiastic logging companies, the Bush administration is determined to push logging on roadless land burned by the Biscuit Fire in southwestern Oregon. Also in this issue: The House of Representatives has just passed an energy bill that is even more outrageously friendly to industry than the Bush administration had requested.
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town