May 16, 2005
Despite angry environmentalists, rotting timber, and unenthusiastic logging companies, the Bush administration is determined to push logging on roadless land burned by the Biscuit Fire in southwestern Oregon. Also in this issue: The House of Representatives has just passed an energy bill that is even more outrageously friendly to industry than the Bush administration had requested.
- Paul Maurer on Emotions run high over monument designation in Utah
- Dylan Buchanan on In this season of potential megaburns, nix the campfire
- Dawn Hatch on We should be proud of delisting grizzlies
- Jim Bolen on Land transfer battles rage on, county by county
- Jim Bolen on We should be proud of delisting grizzlies