May 16, 2005
Despite angry environmentalists, rotting timber, and unenthusiastic logging companies, the Bush administration is determined to push logging on roadless land burned by the Biscuit Fire in southwestern Oregon. Also in this issue: The House of Representatives has just passed an energy bill that is even more outrageously friendly to industry than the Bush administration had requested.
- Patrick Alexander on Federal-lands ranching: A half-century of decline
- Bri Stone on Study finds surprising source of Colorado River water supply
- Jim Bolen on How do Trump and Clinton differ on conservation?
- David W Hamilton on Judge strikes down BLM fracking rule
- David W Hamilton on Federal-lands ranching: A half-century of decline