But I am increasingly frustrated with High Country News and its staff for portraying climbers in a condescending manner. This is the third news story to involve climbers in so many years, each referring to climbers or boulderers as "rock jocks." The term "rock jock" implies an insensitive, even stupid person who is in it for the rush. Many climbers I know dedicate themselves to protecting and preserving our public lands. Please stop stereotyping a large group of people that you clearly do not understand just to print a clever title.
- Millie Carson on Trump’s Cabinet choices reflect deep Koch influence
- Shelley Ellis on How many Westerners does the Affordable Care Act cover?
- Jan Hearthstone on California’s recent rains won’t fix its other, very big problem
- Tiffy Squid on Why we need condors in eastern Oregon
- Mark Rozman on Trump’s Interior pick confounds conservationists