But I am increasingly frustrated with High Country News and its staff for portraying climbers in a condescending manner. This is the third news story to involve climbers in so many years, each referring to climbers or boulderers as "rock jocks." The term "rock jock" implies an insensitive, even stupid person who is in it for the rush. Many climbers I know dedicate themselves to protecting and preserving our public lands. Please stop stereotyping a large group of people that you clearly do not understand just to print a clever title.
- Harvey H Reading on Federal public land transfers get a Congressional boost
- Betsy McFarlan on Will public-lands ranchers pay more for grazing?
- Harvey H Reading on Don't blame bark beetles for fire risk
- Rusty Austin on Will public-lands ranchers pay more for grazing?
- Harvey H Reading on Will public-lands ranchers pay more for grazing?