But I am increasingly frustrated with High Country News and its staff for portraying climbers in a condescending manner. This is the third news story to involve climbers in so many years, each referring to climbers or boulderers as "rock jocks." The term "rock jock" implies an insensitive, even stupid person who is in it for the rush. Many climbers I know dedicate themselves to protecting and preserving our public lands. Please stop stereotyping a large group of people that you clearly do not understand just to print a clever title.
- Dean Nyffeler on New data released on violent threats to federal employees
- John Crosse on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- John Worlock on The U.S.’s only rare-earth mine files for bankruptcy
- Andy Grosland on The pain thief of Spokane
- Andy Grosland on The U.S.’s only rare-earth mine files for bankruptcy