In my work at an advocacy group, I always believed that I was representing the interests of the citizen members who donated to help pay my salary. When I joined other environmental groups, I believed that I was paying others to represent my interests. I guess I should’ve left citizenship to those wealthy enough to pay for their own personal representatives in natural resource issues, and not risked having the Interior Department revoke my citizenship.
- Harold Johnson on Latest: California’s tree die-off is bigger than you thought
- Harold Johnson on What Obama can actually do about Standing Rock
- Jim Bolen on Bears Ears: Correcting an off-base argument
- Mark Rozman on At Standing Rock, activists dig in on historic treaty land
- Dana Powers on At Standing Rock, activists dig in on historic treaty land