May 2, 2005
Colorado citizens voted last November to increase their state’s reliance on power from the wind and sun, but King Coal still rules the state, and the White House seems determined to keep it on the throne. Also in this issue: Utah has finally convinced the Department of Energy to move the Atlas uranium mine tailings pile from its site just north of Moab, where the tailings are leaking into the Colorado River.
- Deb Dedon on How the Dakota pipeline protest is spreading Westwide
- Greg Arnold on A look at Gold Butte, Nevada, two years after the Bundy standoff
- Nancie McCormish on Vegan food may not be as “vegan” as you think
- Tom Darnell on An argument against internet access in parks
- Alan Toney on How humans nurtured the hated mosquito