May 2, 2005
Colorado citizens voted last November to increase their state’s reliance on power from the wind and sun, but King Coal still rules the state, and the White House seems determined to keep it on the throne. Also in this issue: Utah has finally convinced the Department of Energy to move the Atlas uranium mine tailings pile from its site just north of Moab, where the tailings are leaking into the Colorado River.
- Jerry Unruh on Unwanted California tires end up in rivers and beaches
- Louis F Good on Federal public land transfers get a Congressional boost
- Harvey H Reading on Federal public land transfers get a Congressional boost
- Betsy McFarlan on Will public-lands ranchers pay more for grazing?
- Harvey H Reading on Don't blame bark beetles for fire risk