May 2, 2005
Colorado citizens voted last November to increase their state’s reliance on power from the wind and sun, but King Coal still rules the state, and the White House seems determined to keep it on the throne. Also in this issue: Utah has finally convinced the Department of Energy to move the Atlas uranium mine tailings pile from its site just north of Moab, where the tailings are leaking into the Colorado River.
- Larry Glickfeld on Trekking across Colorado’s fragmented wildernesses
- Yue Li on On those who live and die along the border
- Shelley Stallings on Photos: Diving for delicacies
- Mark York on Getting over the ‘taboo’ in a gun-rights conversation
- Robert Hooper on Trekking across Colorado’s fragmented wildernesses