327 pages, hardcover $26.00. PublicAffairs, 2004
"I’m all for business. I’m all for government. I just don’t want them to be the same thing," says Robert Bryce, taking on the state of Texas and its enormous political influence over American life, from oil and gas to business to foreign policy. Bryce traces the network of Texas "cronies" that he says helped bring Lyndon Johnson and both Bushes to power in the White House.
- Bob Laybourn on Considering historical correctness in New Mexico
- William R DeJager on Wolf pups, and the return of wild wonder
- Brad Bergstrom on Did Obama's Interior hobble the Endangered Species Act?
- Dwayne Meadows on Idaho’s sewer system is the Snake River
- Dale Lockwood on Rural cops get militarized