This administration, including Rebecca Watson, has from the start tried to use salesmanship to cover up what they’ve really been up to. This includes going behind the scenes from the Washington level to short-circuit decisions from the field. This administration is doing everything possible to neuter any management that attempts to comply with the environmental laws and progress made over the past 40 years.
The Bush approach of "lie until they catch you, then repeat it," has been working for them far better than any attempts made to get the truth out.
- Jim Scarborough on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- on Feds opt not to list Mono Basin sage grouse
- Chase Gunnell on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- Arnold Weissberg on Ranch Diaries: Building community in the middle of nowhere
- Steve Snyder on Only 40 years ago, the Earth got its day