The big numbers are spurring some ranchers to reach for their calculators. Here’s the lowdown on what a rancher with a federal permit to graze 500 cows for five months out of the year — amounting to 2,500 AUMs — would receive under the various buyout proposals:
Current Market Value
Voluntary Grazing Permit Buyout Act
Central Idaho Development and Recreation Act
- dan bosch on Suckers for gold
- Tom Darnell on Will public-lands ranchers pay more for grazing?
- Alan Stevens on Private property blocks access to public lands
- Linda VanFossan on California has one year of water left: Hype or reality?
- Joseph Yannuzzi on Sportsmen’s bill aims to open inaccessible public lands