Dismissal of my personal sacrifice and work stings, but that is not the issue. Working as an environmentalist in the rural West is a thankless task that often brings on blind criticism and sometimes outright physical assault. We are set upon by foes for what we do, and now by friends for what we don’t do.
Given the continuing need for technical "in the trenches" environmental defense as well as the clear need to advocate values, I suggest that inclusive language using "both" and "and" would help energize those who give so much to keeping our environment healthy.
- Dean Nyffeler on New data released on violent threats to federal employees
- John Crosse on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- John Worlock on The U.S.’s only rare-earth mine files for bankruptcy
- Andy Grosland on The pain thief of Spokane
- Andy Grosland on The U.S.’s only rare-earth mine files for bankruptcy