Dismissal of my personal sacrifice and work stings, but that is not the issue. Working as an environmentalist in the rural West is a thankless task that often brings on blind criticism and sometimes outright physical assault. We are set upon by foes for what we do, and now by friends for what we don’t do.
Given the continuing need for technical "in the trenches" environmental defense as well as the clear need to advocate values, I suggest that inclusive language using "both" and "and" would help energize those who give so much to keeping our environment healthy.
- Jim Scarborough on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- on Feds opt not to list Mono Basin sage grouse
- Chase Gunnell on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- Arnold Weissberg on Ranch Diaries: Building community in the middle of nowhere
- Steve Snyder on Only 40 years ago, the Earth got its day