Dismissal of my personal sacrifice and work stings, but that is not the issue. Working as an environmentalist in the rural West is a thankless task that often brings on blind criticism and sometimes outright physical assault. We are set upon by foes for what we do, and now by friends for what we don’t do.
Given the continuing need for technical "in the trenches" environmental defense as well as the clear need to advocate values, I suggest that inclusive language using "both" and "and" would help energize those who give so much to keeping our environment healthy.
- Kyle Klain on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area
- Mary Sojourner on Rants from the Hill: Desert Insomnia
- Mary Sojourner on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on Why are Hopi rangers impounding sheep at Black Mesa?
- Emma Drew on What’s in the water in Woods Cross?