I would have thought that any reader of High Country News would already know this fact, but it seems to have gotten past Sparks. So I’ll try to state it simply: The environment that some of us are so passionate about amounts to nothing more than the air we breathe, the water we drink and the land upon which our food is raised. I don’t think the world "revolves around me," but I do think it revolves around these precious elements upon which all life on this planet depends.
Crested Butte, Colorado
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town