I would have thought that any reader of High Country News would already know this fact, but it seems to have gotten past Sparks. So I’ll try to state it simply: The environment that some of us are so passionate about amounts to nothing more than the air we breathe, the water we drink and the land upon which our food is raised. I don’t think the world "revolves around me," but I do think it revolves around these precious elements upon which all life on this planet depends.
Crested Butte, Colorado
- Mark M Rostenko on Ranch Diaries: Building community in the middle of nowhere
- Nathan Johnson on Political sparring over the Land and Water Conservation Fund
- jan slater on An audience for old Indians
- Robb Cadwell on Political sparring over the Land and Water Conservation Fund
- Thomas Bliss on Raccoonboy’s guide to urban wilds