I would have thought that any reader of High Country News would already know this fact, but it seems to have gotten past Sparks. So I’ll try to state it simply: The environment that some of us are so passionate about amounts to nothing more than the air we breathe, the water we drink and the land upon which our food is raised. I don’t think the world "revolves around me," but I do think it revolves around these precious elements upon which all life on this planet depends.
Crested Butte, Colorado
- Michael Welsh on Considering historical correctness in New Mexico
- Bob Laybourn on Considering historical correctness in New Mexico
- William R DeJager on Wolf pups, and the return of wild wonder
- Brad Bergstrom on Did Obama's Interior hobble the Endangered Species Act?
- Dwayne Meadows on Idaho’s sewer system is the Snake River