March 21, 2005
Rampant growth in the Phoenix area and a severe drought on the Colorado River challenge the sustainability of the Central Arizona Project. Also in this issue: A groundbreaking settlement between New Mexico environmentalists and the city of Albuquerque may keep water in the Middle Rio Grande and help both farmers and endangered silvery minnows.
- David W Hamilton on Meet the new advocates for the West
- David W Hamilton on Judge strikes down BLM fracking rule
- David W Hamilton on Federal-lands ranching: A half-century of decline
- Josh Zaffos on Meet the new advocates for the West
- Mark Rozman on Study finds surprising source of Colorado River water supply