There are personal remedies. I never hit a small bird unless I was going over 60 mph. In the years since I’ve had deer warning signals mounted on my front bumper, the little birds manage to veer off at the last possible second — even when I drive well over that speed.
I share the author’s sorrow. One image that has fastened in my memory for decades is of a beautiful, freshly killed bobcat on the road from Jacob’s Lake to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. That road is posted 45 mph! I still ask "Why?"
H. Virginia Thompson
- Mark York on Tribes win one fight, lose another in pipeline protest
- Greg Arnold on New allegations of sexual harassment in Yosemite, Yellowstone
- Sophia Bogner on Tribes win one fight, lose another in pipeline protest
- Carolyn Poissant on Top 10 reasons not to move to Bozeman
- G M Ferguson on An electric-power giant is poised to fail