Jeff Golden, 147 pages, softcover $12.
Riverwood Books, 2004.
Sick of endless political spin? Oregon writer Jeff Golden is, too. He makes the case that politicians need to treat voters like adults and tell us the difficult truth, even if it’s not what we want to hear. And he argues for a self-interest-based politics that actually does serve our interests: What if we started making decisions on national security, energy, health care and other issues based not on our immediate wants but on what’s best for the "Third Generation," our children’s children?
- Jim Scarborough on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- on Feds opt not to list Mono Basin sage grouse
- Chase Gunnell on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- Arnold Weissberg on Ranch Diaries: Building community in the middle of nowhere
- Steve Snyder on Only 40 years ago, the Earth got its day