Jeff Golden, 147 pages, softcover $12.
Riverwood Books, 2004.
Sick of endless political spin? Oregon writer Jeff Golden is, too. He makes the case that politicians need to treat voters like adults and tell us the difficult truth, even if it’s not what we want to hear. And he argues for a self-interest-based politics that actually does serve our interests: What if we started making decisions on national security, energy, health care and other issues based not on our immediate wants but on what’s best for the "Third Generation," our children’s children?
- Regina Johnson on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Charles Fox on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Rex Johnson Jr on How to pass a wilderness bill in 2014
- April Warwick on Sweeping new rule for Alaska's predator control
- David Lichtenstein on The paradox of the housing boom and bust