Jeff Golden, 147 pages, softcover $12.
Riverwood Books, 2004.
Sick of endless political spin? Oregon writer Jeff Golden is, too. He makes the case that politicians need to treat voters like adults and tell us the difficult truth, even if it’s not what we want to hear. And he argues for a self-interest-based politics that actually does serve our interests: What if we started making decisions on national security, energy, health care and other issues based not on our immediate wants but on what’s best for the "Third Generation," our children’s children?
- Greg Graves on Can human judgment handle avalanches?
- John W Stephens on Ranch Diaries: How to coexist with wild animals
- Ryan Stevenson on Can human judgment handle avalanches?
- Bryan Daneman on Scarcity and survival reign in ‘The Water Knife’
- Krista Langlois on Idaho mining dispute raises questions about the future of wilderness