Jeff Golden, 147 pages, softcover $12.
Riverwood Books, 2004.
Sick of endless political spin? Oregon writer Jeff Golden is, too. He makes the case that politicians need to treat voters like adults and tell us the difficult truth, even if it’s not what we want to hear. And he argues for a self-interest-based politics that actually does serve our interests: What if we started making decisions on national security, energy, health care and other issues based not on our immediate wants but on what’s best for the "Third Generation," our children’s children?
- on Jim Deacon, pioneering desert fish biologist, dies
- Larry Bullock on Ranch Diaries: A New Mexico cattle company is born
- Randy Piper on Bark beetle kill leads to more severe fires, right? Well, maybe
- Delaine Spilsbury on The water czar who reshaped Colorado River politics
- Buck Drew on Chainsaw diplomacy