Do the people of the West need to live with less water than they currently use? I believe most definitely yes. Will water managers and water consumers change their habits without a severe consequence hanging over their heads? I believe probably not. Do I want the current severe drought to get worse to teach them a lesson? That is like hoping that the tornado tears up someone’s home for daring to live in Tornado Alley, or that a tsunami washes thousands of people to their deaths for daring to live so close to the sea.
- Kyle Klain on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area
- Mary Sojourner on Rants from the Hill: Desert Insomnia
- Mary Sojourner on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on Why are Hopi rangers impounding sheep at Black Mesa?
- Emma Drew on What’s in the water in Woods Cross?