It’s gratifying to see a new generation of journalists take up the cause of truthfully reporting on Western issues with the same passion, energy and intelligence that led my Uncle Tom (Bell) to create HCN in his closet-like office on a Lander, Wyoming side street. He poured his soul — and a lot of money — into the paper and the ideas it brings into the light. Ed and Betsy Marston truly deserve the nation’s thanks for stewarding HCN into this new century, while Paul Larmer and his great staff are clearly loving what they do, and doing it very well indeed.
Matt Winters, editor and publisher Chinook Observer
Long Beach, Washington
- dan bosch on Suckers for gold
- Tom Darnell on Will public-lands ranchers pay more for grazing?
- Alan Stevens on Private property blocks access to public lands
- Linda VanFossan on California has one year of water left: Hype or reality?
- Joseph Yannuzzi on Sportsmen’s bill aims to open inaccessible public lands