It’s gratifying to see a new generation of journalists take up the cause of truthfully reporting on Western issues with the same passion, energy and intelligence that led my Uncle Tom (Bell) to create HCN in his closet-like office on a Lander, Wyoming side street. He poured his soul — and a lot of money — into the paper and the ideas it brings into the light. Ed and Betsy Marston truly deserve the nation’s thanks for stewarding HCN into this new century, while Paul Larmer and his great staff are clearly loving what they do, and doing it very well indeed.
Matt Winters, editor and publisher Chinook Observer
Long Beach, Washington
- Wendy Beye on Another Yellowstone River oil spill
- Harvey H Reading on Wyoming grazing dispute threatens bighorn sheep
- irene gilbert on Critical mule deer research relies on fundraising
- Micaela Fischer on The Unusual Occupation at Utah’s Book Cliffs
- Larry Bullock on Wyoming grazing dispute threatens bighorn sheep