It’s gratifying to see a new generation of journalists take up the cause of truthfully reporting on Western issues with the same passion, energy and intelligence that led my Uncle Tom (Bell) to create HCN in his closet-like office on a Lander, Wyoming side street. He poured his soul — and a lot of money — into the paper and the ideas it brings into the light. Ed and Betsy Marston truly deserve the nation’s thanks for stewarding HCN into this new century, while Paul Larmer and his great staff are clearly loving what they do, and doing it very well indeed.
Matt Winters, editor and publisher Chinook Observer
Long Beach, Washington
- Nathan Johnson on Political sparring over the Land and Water Conservation Fund
- jan slater on An audience for old Indians
- Robb Cadwell on Political sparring over the Land and Water Conservation Fund
- Thomas Bliss on Raccoonboy’s guide to urban wilds
- Kevin Bates on A wanderer’s guide to Western public lands