March 7, 2005
In 1969, the Atomic Energy Commission exploded an underground nuclear bomb in western Colorado; today, the site of Project Rulison is attracting natural gas drillers. Also in this Issue: David Tenny of the Department of Agriculture has used his discretionary powers to alter the master plan for Colorado’s White River National Forest, lessening its protections for water and wildlife.
- Rusty Austin on Could the ouster of California environmental agency leaders imperil clean air and beach access?
- George McCloskey on One Way to Save the Wolf? Hunt It.
- Kent Matowitz on Investigations show extensive harassment history in Park Service
- Steve Snyder on In Utah, the fight for a Bears Ears monument heats up
- Melissa McDowell on Real predators don’t eat popsicles