March 7, 2005
In 1969, the Atomic Energy Commission exploded an underground nuclear bomb in western Colorado; today, the site of Project Rulison is attracting natural gas drillers. Also in this Issue: David Tenny of the Department of Agriculture has used his discretionary powers to alter the master plan for Colorado’s White River National Forest, lessening its protections for water and wildlife.
- David W Hamilton on What we’re reading about the Bundy trial in Oregon
- Clay Dusel on New measures could reduce Glen Canyon Dam’s impact on the Grand Canyon — a bit
- David W Hamilton on ‘These big dreams to have everyone prosper’
- Dale Lockwood on Trump met with a leader of the land transfer movement
- Jim Bolen on A tax on carbon pollution faces surprising opposition