March 7, 2005
In 1969, the Atomic Energy Commission exploded an underground nuclear bomb in western Colorado; today, the site of Project Rulison is attracting natural gas drillers. Also in this Issue: David Tenny of the Department of Agriculture has used his discretionary powers to alter the master plan for Colorado’s White River National Forest, lessening its protections for water and wildlife.
- Krista Jordan on A Western lesson from Cecil the lion: trophy seekers aren't hunters
- John Pawlilkowski on Top 10 reasons not to move to Bozeman
- Greg D. Lind on Biking the line between wilderness and civilization
- Greg D. Lind on Readers’ essays on favorite spots to recreate
- Greg D. Lind on A tense confrontation on a quiet Montana road