297 pages, softcover $16.95
Fulcrum Press, 2004
First published in 1990, this book of deft essays is back in print and as engaging as ever; it even includes some new work. Whether he’s describing cock fights, the artist Georgia O’Keeffe’s solitary ways in New Mexico or cowboys morphing into serfs, Turner knows his turf and writes like a dream.
- Rich Jordan on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?
- Patrick Johnston on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?
- Tom Darnell on Four charts that show how public land is good for rural areas
- Mark Rozman on Ranch Diaries: Should we name the animals we raise to eat?
- Mark Rozman on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?