200 pages, paperback, $16.
Coffee House Press, 2004.
"The dental imprint of California / is gravelly, epileptic, spasm / of a sea-born bungled broken Coastal Range of ridges & spurs with localized names …" writes California native Eleni Sikelianos in her new book full of poems, funky photos and collages, and a quirky timeline. Even those who have never visited the Golden State will enjoy the book and find questions to ponder: "In the dream it was / raining in the violet-tinged West. Who is / the hero in this dream?"
- Wendy Beye on Another Yellowstone River oil spill
- Harvey H Reading on Wyoming grazing dispute threatens bighorn sheep
- irene gilbert on Critical mule deer research relies on fundraising
- Micaela Fischer on The Unusual Occupation at Utah’s Book Cliffs
- Larry Bullock on Wyoming grazing dispute threatens bighorn sheep