200 pages, paperback, $16.
Coffee House Press, 2004.
"The dental imprint of California / is gravelly, epileptic, spasm / of a sea-born bungled broken Coastal Range of ridges & spurs with localized names …" writes California native Eleni Sikelianos in her new book full of poems, funky photos and collages, and a quirky timeline. Even those who have never visited the Golden State will enjoy the book and find questions to ponder: "In the dream it was / raining in the violet-tinged West. Who is / the hero in this dream?"
- Peter Nelson on Two political elites prevail in Navajo primary melee
- Deb Dedon on New Mexico delays controversial Gila vote
- Deb Dedon on Considering historical correctness in New Mexico
- Deb Dedon on Two political elites prevail in Navajo primary melee
- Chuck Brushwood on Did Obama's Interior hobble the Endangered Species Act?