200 pages, paperback, $16.
Coffee House Press, 2004.
"The dental imprint of California / is gravelly, epileptic, spasm / of a sea-born bungled broken Coastal Range of ridges & spurs with localized names …" writes California native Eleni Sikelianos in her new book full of poems, funky photos and collages, and a quirky timeline. Even those who have never visited the Golden State will enjoy the book and find questions to ponder: "In the dream it was / raining in the violet-tinged West. Who is / the hero in this dream?"
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- guy zoellner on A young mule stringer helps keep a dying profession alive