200 pages, paperback, $16.
Coffee House Press, 2004.
"The dental imprint of California / is gravelly, epileptic, spasm / of a sea-born bungled broken Coastal Range of ridges & spurs with localized names …" writes California native Eleni Sikelianos in her new book full of poems, funky photos and collages, and a quirky timeline. Even those who have never visited the Golden State will enjoy the book and find questions to ponder: "In the dream it was / raining in the violet-tinged West. Who is / the hero in this dream?"
- Tom Darnell on Will public-lands ranchers pay more for grazing?
- Alan Stevens on Private property blocks access to public lands
- Linda VanFossan on California has one year of water left: Hype or reality?
- Joseph Yannuzzi on Sportsmen’s bill aims to open inaccessible public lands
- Robert Gates on Lessons from boom and bust in New Mexico