200 pages, paperback, $16.
Coffee House Press, 2004.
"The dental imprint of California / is gravelly, epileptic, spasm / of a sea-born bungled broken Coastal Range of ridges & spurs with localized names …" writes California native Eleni Sikelianos in her new book full of poems, funky photos and collages, and a quirky timeline. Even those who have never visited the Golden State will enjoy the book and find questions to ponder: "In the dream it was / raining in the violet-tinged West. Who is / the hero in this dream?"
- Shelley Ellis on How many Westerners does the Affordable Care Act cover?
- Jan Hearthstone on California’s recent rains won’t fix its other, very big problem
- Tiffy Squid on Why we need condors in eastern Oregon
- Mark Rozman on Trump’s Interior pick confounds conservationists
- Richard Clough on Trump’s Interior pick confounds conservationists