The ranching and environmental community should not be at odds with each other. Ranchers do care about the land. They harvest solar energy with very small inputs of nonrenewable energy.
We need more collaborative efforts such as happened in the Owyhee Canyonlands with ranchers, Wilderness Society, Idaho Conservation League and Nature Conservancy people, meeting and listening to each other and solving problems.
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town