The ranching and environmental community should not be at odds with each other. Ranchers do care about the land. They harvest solar energy with very small inputs of nonrenewable energy.
We need more collaborative efforts such as happened in the Owyhee Canyonlands with ranchers, Wilderness Society, Idaho Conservation League and Nature Conservancy people, meeting and listening to each other and solving problems.
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation