The ranching and environmental community should not be at odds with each other. Ranchers do care about the land. They harvest solar energy with very small inputs of nonrenewable energy.
We need more collaborative efforts such as happened in the Owyhee Canyonlands with ranchers, Wilderness Society, Idaho Conservation League and Nature Conservancy people, meeting and listening to each other and solving problems.
- Mark Rozman on Ranch Diaries: Should we name the animals we raise to eat?
- Mark Rozman on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?
- Jerry King on In Washington, the 'necessity defense' on trial alongside activists
- Carmen Macdonald on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?
- Renee DeMartin on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?