February 7, 2005
A personal obsession leads the author into a world of scientists, wildlife rehabilitators and eccentric artists who are fascinated by the West’s road-killed wildlife. Also in this issue: Some of the less-publicized political appointments of George W. Bush’s second term will have a huge effect on the West – particularly the people who will direct the EPA, and the departments of Energy, Agriculture and the Interior.
- Mark Rozman on Ranch Diaries: Should we name the animals we raise to eat?
- Mark Rozman on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?
- Jerry King on In Washington, the 'necessity defense' on trial alongside activists
- Carmen Macdonald on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?
- Renee DeMartin on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?