Paul R. and Anne H. Ehrlich
447 pages, hardcover $27
Island Press/Shearwater Books, 2004.
This husband-and-wife team at Stanford University lays out the ways in which the human race is jeopardizing its place on earth. Looking at everything from consumption and birthrates to "sustainable governance" and agriculture, the authors use history, science and economics to show how today’s world is neither safe nor sustainable.
- Bradley Goodman on How can "woofers" stay on the farm?
- Rod Farlee on Study finds surprising source of Colorado River water supply
- Joe Cosentino on New measures could reduce Glen Canyon Dam’s impact on the Grand Canyon — a bit
- Mark Bailey on Sometimes, the West must be protected from itself
- Spencer Kluesner on Latest: The BLM to study surgical sterilization of wild horses