Paul R. and Anne H. Ehrlich
447 pages, hardcover $27
Island Press/Shearwater Books, 2004.
This husband-and-wife team at Stanford University lays out the ways in which the human race is jeopardizing its place on earth. Looking at everything from consumption and birthrates to "sustainable governance" and agriculture, the authors use history, science and economics to show how today’s world is neither safe nor sustainable.
- Nathan Johnson on Political sparring over the Land and Water Conservation Fund
- jan slater on An audience for old Indians
- Robb Cadwell on Political sparring over the Land and Water Conservation Fund
- Thomas Bliss on Raccoonboy’s guide to urban wilds
- Kevin Bates on A wanderer’s guide to Western public lands