Paul R. and Anne H. Ehrlich
447 pages, hardcover $27
Island Press/Shearwater Books, 2004.
This husband-and-wife team at Stanford University lays out the ways in which the human race is jeopardizing its place on earth. Looking at everything from consumption and birthrates to "sustainable governance" and agriculture, the authors use history, science and economics to show how today’s world is neither safe nor sustainable.
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation