I agree with Clarren that planners and environmentalists did not listen to those people who were bearing the weight of their wonderful utopian view of how everyone else should live and view the world. My definition of an environmentalist is one who thinks the world should revolve around them, much as the monarchs of the past who looked over the serfs, scratching out a living, in search of the "perfect" world.
I am really glad Oregon’s land-use system has come to this extreme end, and I hope that those who become so passionate about the environment realize there are other people in the world besides themselves.
Douglas D. Sparks
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation