I agree with Clarren that planners and environmentalists did not listen to those people who were bearing the weight of their wonderful utopian view of how everyone else should live and view the world. My definition of an environmentalist is one who thinks the world should revolve around them, much as the monarchs of the past who looked over the serfs, scratching out a living, in search of the "perfect" world.
I am really glad Oregon’s land-use system has come to this extreme end, and I hope that those who become so passionate about the environment realize there are other people in the world besides themselves.
Douglas D. Sparks
- Jose Jaques on How the Keep it in the Ground movement came to be
- Kate Schimel on FBI nabs BLM bombing suspect; Wyoming wind resistance; unofficial border patrol
- Richard Crow on How the Keep it in the Ground movement came to be
- Robert Riversong on FBI nabs BLM bombing suspect; Wyoming wind resistance; unofficial border patrol
- Dale Lockwood on Stop the rock-stacking