Join folks from the Savory Center for a Holistic Management Rendezvous in Albuquerque on Jan. 12-13. Workshops will include "Maximizing Ranch Profit and Production with Holistic Management" and "Holistic Management: Getting over the Hump."
The Quivira Coalition will hold its fourth annual conference in Albuquerque on Jan. 13-15. Titled "Half Private, Half Public, One West: Innovation and Opportunity across Boundaries," the conference will include speakers Dan Kemmis, director of the Center for the Rocky Mountain West, Sen. Pete Domenici, R-N.M., and writer Gary Paul Nabhan.
- The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands
- Latest: California fracking companies inject protected aquifers with wastewater
- Obama's preemptive strike to reform Endangered Species Act
- Wyoming trespass law is the latest in grazing battle
- Sightseeing at an open pit mine in Arizona copper country
- Bette Korber on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- Garrett Allen on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Robb Cadwell on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Amy & Chris Gulick on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Richard H Ernst on The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands