September 13, 2004
Wamsutter, Wyo., is a boomtown these days, but the town is struggling to be a real community, instead of just a barracks for the natural gas industry. Also in this issue: In Colorado and elsewhere in the West, the fear of West Nile Virus brings the controversy about spraying pesticides to a boil.
- Helen Neufeld on Critics see GOP wildfire bill as attack on environmental protections
- Larry Bullock on The Latest: Wild Mexican wolf pups born in Sierra Madre
- Bruce Vojtecky on A day on the river that ended in a death
- Larry Bullock on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- stuart polack on bobcat kill