I was never aware that HCN ever claimed to be purely "objective," "balanced" or not "ideological." I’ve been a subscriber off and on for the last couple years, and I’ve always known that HCN has more of an environmental-activist lean. What newspaper out there doesn’t have a slant of some sort? It’s the reader’s responsibility to see the journalist’s perspective and interpret the article from there. Even with a slant, HCN is still about the best newspaper covering Western land and social issues.
But ... I wish you would not print quotes from professional and nonprofessional environmental activists as statements of scientific truth. You guys do that a lot. You can do that with college professors, scientific researchers, etc., but should not with political activists, at least if the quote is presented as positive, objective statement.
- Mark Bailey on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area
- Mark Bailey on What I learned from 30 years with the Forest Service
- Tom McCarty on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area
- Andrew Sipocz on The great salmon compromise
- Kyle Klain on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area