August 16, 2004
For all the heroism of their achievement, Lewis and Clark would not have survived long without the help of the many Indian peoples they encountered in the West. The Bush administration says governors have 18 months to ask the Forest Service to protect roadless areas in their states, but the states will have to pay for the costly and complex petition process.
- Regina Johnson on Rep. Rob Bishop is chipping away at Theodore Roosevelt's legacy
- Andy Grosland on Sugar Pine Mine, the other standoff
- Andy Grosland on I have a lot in common with the Bundys. Here's what I'd like to say to them.
- Melissa McDowell on I have a lot in common with the Bundys. Here's what I'd like to say to them.
- Richard Reinaker on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution