August 16, 2004
For all the heroism of their achievement, Lewis and Clark would not have survived long without the help of the many Indian peoples they encountered in the West. The Bush administration says governors have 18 months to ask the Forest Service to protect roadless areas in their states, but the states will have to pay for the costly and complex petition process.
- David W Hamilton on How do Trump and Clinton differ on conservation?
- David W Hamilton on What if I’m not white?
- Michael/Teresa Newberry on How do Trump and Clinton differ on conservation?
- Mark Rozman on Study finds surprising source of Colorado River water supply
- David W Hamilton on Don’t just save the Grand Canyon. Save the wider region, too.