August 16, 2004
For all the heroism of their achievement, Lewis and Clark would not have survived long without the help of the many Indian peoples they encountered in the West. The Bush administration says governors have 18 months to ask the Forest Service to protect roadless areas in their states, but the states will have to pay for the costly and complex petition process.
- Richard Jones on Reckoning at Standing Rock
- Jim Bolen on Jury finds occupiers of Oregon wildlife refuge not guilty
- David W Hamilton on I have a lot in common with the Bundys. Here’s what I’d like to say to them.
- Charles Yoder on Reckoning at Standing Rock
- Charles Yoder on Jury finds occupiers of Oregon wildlife refuge not guilty