This is what’s going on right now in the West, and if your more conservative readers are troubled by that, they should be. I consider High Country News one of the essential instruments of small "d" democracy in the West. You guys are among the few who really pay attention, and go out and seek ground truth on these issues. If you don’t do it, nobody else will.
Keep up the good work! If you’re getting angry subscription-drop letters, you’re doing your job. And doing it well.
Bruce BarcottBR> Seattle, Washington
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation