This is what’s going on right now in the West, and if your more conservative readers are troubled by that, they should be. I consider High Country News one of the essential instruments of small "d" democracy in the West. You guys are among the few who really pay attention, and go out and seek ground truth on these issues. If you don’t do it, nobody else will.
Keep up the good work! If you’re getting angry subscription-drop letters, you’re doing your job. And doing it well.
Bruce BarcottBR> Seattle, Washington
- Bill Schiffbauer on Utah burn ban ignites outrage over ‘basic freedoms’
- Jim Scarborough on Rural counties dealing with loss of fed dollars
- Len Newton on Another Yellowstone River oil spill
- Wendy Beye on Another Yellowstone River oil spill
- Harvey H Reading on Wyoming grazing dispute threatens bighorn sheep