This is what’s going on right now in the West, and if your more conservative readers are troubled by that, they should be. I consider High Country News one of the essential instruments of small "d" democracy in the West. You guys are among the few who really pay attention, and go out and seek ground truth on these issues. If you don’t do it, nobody else will.
Keep up the good work! If you’re getting angry subscription-drop letters, you’re doing your job. And doing it well.
Bruce BarcottBR> Seattle, Washington
- Steve Snyder on Making a monument from scratch
- Deb Dedon on Rains bring incomplete drought relief to parts of Southwest
- Deb Dedon on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- Bette Korber on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- Garrett Allen on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking