This is what’s going on right now in the West, and if your more conservative readers are troubled by that, they should be. I consider High Country News one of the essential instruments of small "d" democracy in the West. You guys are among the few who really pay attention, and go out and seek ground truth on these issues. If you don’t do it, nobody else will.
Keep up the good work! If you’re getting angry subscription-drop letters, you’re doing your job. And doing it well.
Bruce BarcottBR> Seattle, Washington
- Bob Laybourn on Considering historical correctness in New Mexico
- William R DeJager on Wolf pups, and the return of wild wonder
- Brad Bergstrom on Did Obama's Interior hobble the Endangered Species Act?
- Dwayne Meadows on Idaho’s sewer system is the Snake River
- Dale Lockwood on Rural cops get militarized