This is what’s going on right now in the West, and if your more conservative readers are troubled by that, they should be. I consider High Country News one of the essential instruments of small "d" democracy in the West. You guys are among the few who really pay attention, and go out and seek ground truth on these issues. If you don’t do it, nobody else will.
Keep up the good work! If you’re getting angry subscription-drop letters, you’re doing your job. And doing it well.
Bruce BarcottBR> Seattle, Washington
- dan bosch on Suckers for gold
- Tom Darnell on Will public-lands ranchers pay more for grazing?
- Alan Stevens on Private property blocks access to public lands
- Linda VanFossan on California has one year of water left: Hype or reality?
- Joseph Yannuzzi on Sportsmen’s bill aims to open inaccessible public lands