I lament the changes in your paper since that time, and especially in the past few years. Not too long ago, HCN was a thick publication that delved thoroughly into all angles of the very complex issues that face the West. My husband and I trusted HCN to educate us on these details. During the past couple of years, almost every issue we’ve received has elicited a sigh from one or both of us about the fact that the articles tend to be too brief and one-sided. We don’t want sensationalism and sound-bites; we want well-researched, objectively presented information.
- Mark Rozman on Study finds surprising source of Colorado River water supply
- David W Hamilton on Don’t just save the Grand Canyon. Save the wider region, too.
- David W Hamilton on The Park Service doesn’t need corporate sponsorship. It needs proper funding.
- David W Hamilton on New Mexico’s baby wolf swap worked. Why won’t state officials get on board?
- David W Hamilton on Latest: Elk, not bison, are spreading disease near Yellowstone