May 24, 2004
Some activists hope that the current hard times facing both workers and the environment will resurrect the strong alliances that once existed between greens and labor unions. Also in this issue: NOAA Fisheries is drafting new regulations that will allow hatchery-raised fish to be counted along with wild salmon and steelhead, a move that property-rights lawyers hope will take the species off the endangered list.
- Carol Bartlett on Montana farmers start talking climate change
- G M Ferguson on What's the matter with New Mexico
- Wade Nelson on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- Frank matyus on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- William Bryan on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought