The University of Colorado’s Natural Resources Law Center is sponsoring the "Groundwater in the West" conference, June 16-18 in Boulder, Colo. The event will focus on groundwater law, policy and management issues, and the keynote address will be presented by Robert Glennon, author of Water Follies: Groundwater Pumping and the Fate of America’s Fresh Waters.
Explore Yellowstone with the experts. The nonprofit Yellowstone Association Institute offers four- to nine-day backpacking courses focused on the wildlife, geology and history of Yellowstone National Park.
- Steve Snyder on Making a monument from scratch
- Deb Dedon on Rains bring incomplete drought relief to parts of Southwest
- Deb Dedon on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- Bette Korber on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- Garrett Allen on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking