The University of Colorado’s Natural Resources Law Center is sponsoring the "Groundwater in the West" conference, June 16-18 in Boulder, Colo. The event will focus on groundwater law, policy and management issues, and the keynote address will be presented by Robert Glennon, author of Water Follies: Groundwater Pumping and the Fate of America’s Fresh Waters.
Explore Yellowstone with the experts. The nonprofit Yellowstone Association Institute offers four- to nine-day backpacking courses focused on the wildlife, geology and history of Yellowstone National Park.
- Ricardo Small on In Arizona, the people move ahead of the politicians
- Dean Nyffeler on New data released on violent threats to federal employees
- John Crosse on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- John Worlock on The U.S.’s only rare-earth mine files for bankruptcy
- Andy Grosland on The pain thief of Spokane