The Pikes Peak Library District’s Special Collections is hosting a Regional History Symposium on June 5 and 6 at the Colorado Springs Penrose Library. The event will commemorate the violent confrontation in the Cripple Creek Mining District in 1904s between the Western Federation of Miners and the Colorado State Militia.
719-531-6333, ext. 2253
The North Cascades Institute has just mailed out its 2004 catalog of seminars, retreats and other adventures. The classes run through March 2005 and include "Wild Edibles and Traditional Uses of Plants," "Understanding the Universe: Astronomy’s Big Questions" and "Reading the Land: A Naturalist’s Weekend with Estella Leopold."
360-856-5700 ext. 209
- Regina Johnson on Rep. Rob Bishop is chipping away at Theodore Roosevelt's legacy
- Andy Grosland on Sugar Pine Mine, the other standoff
- Andy Grosland on I have a lot in common with the Bundys. Here's what I'd like to say to them.
- Melissa McDowell on I have a lot in common with the Bundys. Here's what I'd like to say to them.
- Richard Reinaker on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution