The Pikes Peak Library District’s Special Collections is hosting a Regional History Symposium on June 5 and 6 at the Colorado Springs Penrose Library. The event will commemorate the violent confrontation in the Cripple Creek Mining District in 1904s between the Western Federation of Miners and the Colorado State Militia.
719-531-6333, ext. 2253
The North Cascades Institute has just mailed out its 2004 catalog of seminars, retreats and other adventures. The classes run through March 2005 and include "Wild Edibles and Traditional Uses of Plants," "Understanding the Universe: Astronomy’s Big Questions" and "Reading the Land: A Naturalist’s Weekend with Estella Leopold."
360-856-5700 ext. 209
- Traci Amborn on Fracking is the big new gun
- Deb Dedon on Should the president of the Navajo Nation speak Navajo?
- Deb O'Neill on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- Bill Williams on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- Nathan Johnson on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation