Colorado College launches its first annual State of the Rockies Report Card at a conference May 3-4 in Colorado Springs. New college president Richard Celeste hosts a detailed look at where the eight-state region is headed and why it might not want to go there. Call Walter Hecox, professor of economics, for details.
The Rocky Mountain Farmers Union is holding a one-day conference on May 15 in Montrose, Colo. Speakers at the conference, titled "Greenhouses: Makes Dollars and Sense," include Eliot Coleman, Dr. Steven Newman of Colorado State University and Ron Godin of the Rogers Mesa Research Station. Call Carolyn Mountel:
The Environmental and Water Resources Institute of the American Society of Civil Engineers is holding workshops on dam removal at five locations across the nation this summer, from Berkeley, Calif., to Knoxville, Tenn. The workshops will focus on the lessons learned from the process of dam removal.
- Tim McKimmie on Dear Forest Service: Today’s John Muir shoots video
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West