Colorado College launches its first annual State of the Rockies Report Card at a conference May 3-4 in Colorado Springs. New college president Richard Celeste hosts a detailed look at where the eight-state region is headed and why it might not want to go there. Call Walter Hecox, professor of economics, for details.
The Rocky Mountain Farmers Union is holding a one-day conference on May 15 in Montrose, Colo. Speakers at the conference, titled "Greenhouses: Makes Dollars and Sense," include Eliot Coleman, Dr. Steven Newman of Colorado State University and Ron Godin of the Rogers Mesa Research Station. Call Carolyn Mountel:
The Environmental and Water Resources Institute of the American Society of Civil Engineers is holding workshops on dam removal at five locations across the nation this summer, from Berkeley, Calif., to Knoxville, Tenn. The workshops will focus on the lessons learned from the process of dam removal.
- Marcia Ewell on Revamped chemical safety law gives EPA more power
- Larry Glickfeld on How the livestock industry can help cut greenhouse gas emissions
- Mark Rozman on As delisting looms, grizzly advocates prepare for a final face-off
- Steve Snyder on How the livestock industry can help cut greenhouse gas emissions
- James Connely on As delisting looms, grizzly advocates prepare for a final face-off