The fact that overpopulation’s looming threat to environmental health is worldwide should not deter us from facing the issue squarely in the United States, nor should accusations of racism shut down the conversation.
And no, Mr. Cox, overpopulation/immigration policy is not a "narrow interest." It affects electrical power consumption, animal welfare and environmental health.
If you want action, a national policy debate and visibility, by all means aim for a high-profile organization like the Sierra Club. Skittish politicians will only do so much.
Cleo S. Bennett
- Dale Lockwood on Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake’s criticism of Trump wins him national prominence
- Thomas Arvensis on There’s no Brexit from our climate problems
- Ed Morrow on How Utah coal interests helped push a secret plan to export coal from California
- Kate Schimel on Let’s be clear: TSA’s new tactics are bribery
- Blair French on Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake’s criticism of Trump wins him national prominence