The fact that overpopulation’s looming threat to environmental health is worldwide should not deter us from facing the issue squarely in the United States, nor should accusations of racism shut down the conversation.
And no, Mr. Cox, overpopulation/immigration policy is not a "narrow interest." It affects electrical power consumption, animal welfare and environmental health.
If you want action, a national policy debate and visibility, by all means aim for a high-profile organization like the Sierra Club. Skittish politicians will only do so much.
Cleo S. Bennett
- Jim Scarborough on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- on Feds opt not to list Mono Basin sage grouse
- Chase Gunnell on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- Arnold Weissberg on Ranch Diaries: Building community in the middle of nowhere
- Steve Snyder on Only 40 years ago, the Earth got its day