The fact that overpopulation’s looming threat to environmental health is worldwide should not deter us from facing the issue squarely in the United States, nor should accusations of racism shut down the conversation.
And no, Mr. Cox, overpopulation/immigration policy is not a "narrow interest." It affects electrical power consumption, animal welfare and environmental health.
If you want action, a national policy debate and visibility, by all means aim for a high-profile organization like the Sierra Club. Skittish politicians will only do so much.
Cleo S. Bennett
- Mark Bailey on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area
- Mark Bailey on What I learned from 30 years with the Forest Service
- Tom McCarty on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area
- Andrew Sipocz on The great salmon compromise
- Kyle Klain on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area