The Upper Green River Valley Coalition is sponsoring a conference in Pinedale, Wyo., on March 26-27. "Wells, Wildlife and Quality of Life: Striking a Balance in the Upper Green River Valley" will include field trips, overflights and panel discussions exploring how the proposed 10,000 new gas wells will affect Wyoming’s residents, wildlife and future.
The Yosemite Association is holding its first annual Yosemite Birding Festival from April 23-25. The festival will include workshops and field trips as well as talks on the natural history and wildflowers of Yosemite.
- Dale Lockwood on Rural cops get militarized
- C.C. Havens on A day on the river that ended in a death
- Robb Cadwell on Did Obama's Interior hobble the Endangered Species Act?
- Trey Turnbull on Wolf pups, and the return of wild wonder
- Michael Jakubcin on Two degrees warmer and rising: A review of A Great Aridness