January 23, 1995
Denver International Airport may become a giant boondoggle.
Greater Gila Biodiversity Project and Gila Watch file suit against Catron County's "wise-use" ordinances.
Ultra-conservatives want to turn over public lands and national parks to the states and strip budgets of Interior and the Forest Service.
Federal biologists say grizzlies are "recovered" and no longer need endangered species protection in greater Yellowstone area.
Ranchers bid against each other and the Idaho Watersheds Project for grazing leases on Idaho state land.
Environmental lawsuit demands the Forest Service do analyses for 150 grazing allotments on the Beaverhead National Forest.
- Mary Doherty on Utah burn ban ignites outrage over ‘basic freedoms’
- Dale Lockwood on Utah burn ban ignites outrage over ‘basic freedoms’
- Joe F Whelan on Charles Bowden’s Fury
- Bill Schiffbauer on Utah burn ban ignites outrage over ‘basic freedoms’
- Jim Scarborough on Rural counties dealing with loss of fed dollars