January 23, 1995
Greater Gila Biodiversity Project and Gila Watch file suit against Catron County's "wise-use" ordinances.
Ultra-conservatives want to turn over public lands and national parks to the states and strip budgets of Interior and the Forest Service.
Federal biologists say grizzlies are "recovered" and no longer need endangered species protection in greater Yellowstone area.
Ranchers bid against each other and the Idaho Watersheds Project for grazing leases on Idaho state land.
Environmental lawsuit demands the Forest Service do analyses for 150 grazing allotments on the Beaverhead National Forest.
The history of Denver International Airport, like that of other Western megaprojects, is the history of a megamess.
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation