America, while the latest, and possibly greatest, experiment in constantly evolving social and political systems, has miserably failed to be a truly capitalist society. Instead, the system is driven by powerful entities’ self-preservation and backed by government intervention and influence at all levels.
The answer to the question of whether or not Wal-Mart needs (or deserves, for that matter) our tax dollars is a clear and responding "NO."
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- Lee Rimel on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town