America, while the latest, and possibly greatest, experiment in constantly evolving social and political systems, has miserably failed to be a truly capitalist society. Instead, the system is driven by powerful entities’ self-preservation and backed by government intervention and influence at all levels.
The answer to the question of whether or not Wal-Mart needs (or deserves, for that matter) our tax dollars is a clear and responding "NO."
- Jim Scarborough on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- on Feds opt not to list Mono Basin sage grouse
- Chase Gunnell on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- Arnold Weissberg on Ranch Diaries: Building community in the middle of nowhere
- Steve Snyder on Only 40 years ago, the Earth got its day