February 16, 2004
A right-wing coup is under way in the nation’s courts, which George W. Bush is stacking with anti-environmental judges, and the impacts on Western conservation issues are not going to be pretty. Also in this issue: National Park Service wilderness coordinator Jim Walters resigns in frustration over the agency’s neglect of wilderness, after the superintendent of Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks allows helicopters in wilderness areas.
- Jim Scarborough on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- on Feds opt not to list Mono Basin sage grouse
- Chase Gunnell on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- Arnold Weissberg on Ranch Diaries: Building community in the middle of nowhere
- Steve Snyder on Only 40 years ago, the Earth got its day