February 16, 2004
A right-wing coup is under way in the nation’s courts, which George W. Bush is stacking with anti-environmental judges, and the impacts on Western conservation issues are not going to be pretty. Also in this issue: National Park Service wilderness coordinator Jim Walters resigns in frustration over the agency’s neglect of wilderness, after the superintendent of Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks allows helicopters in wilderness areas.
- Ingeburg Nagel on Endurance runners in the Grand Canyon are missing the point
- Fred Swanson on Rants from the Hill: The aliens that make Nevada home
- jord hol on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Joel Dugdale on Endurance runners in the Grand Canyon are missing the point
- Meg Scherch-Peterson on Shell’s giving up drilling in the Arctic Ocean. Now what?