February 16, 2004
A right-wing coup is under way in the nation’s courts, which George W. Bush is stacking with anti-environmental judges, and the impacts on Western conservation issues are not going to be pretty. Also in this issue: National Park Service wilderness coordinator Jim Walters resigns in frustration over the agency’s neglect of wilderness, after the superintendent of Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks allows helicopters in wilderness areas.
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- guy zoellner on A young mule stringer helps keep a dying profession alive