February 16, 2004
A right-wing coup is under way in the nation’s courts, which George W. Bush is stacking with anti-environmental judges, and the impacts on Western conservation issues are not going to be pretty. Also in this issue: National Park Service wilderness coordinator Jim Walters resigns in frustration over the agency’s neglect of wilderness, after the superintendent of Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks allows helicopters in wilderness areas.
- Susan Schneider on Can we make sense of the Malheur mess?
- Shelley Powers on Can we make sense of the Malheur mess?
- Armin Gollannek on Can we make sense of the Malheur mess?
- Michael Parker on Analyst: FBI let Malheur militants save face to end occupation
- Deb Dedon on A new and more dangerous Sagebrush Rebellion