January 19, 2004
The Bush administration opens up wild lands to oil and gas drilling, pulling the rug out from under two decades of citizen wilderness activism. Also in this issue: Judge Emmet Sullivan reinstates a Clinton-era ban on snowmobiles in Yellowstone and Grand Teton national parks.
- Michael Parker on Analyst: FBI let Malheur militants save face to end occupation
- Deb Dedon on A new and more dangerous Sagebrush Rebellion
- Deb Dedon on Analyst: FBI let Malheur militants save face to end occupation
- George McCloskey on In Washington, the 'necessity defense' on trial alongside activists
- Louis F Good on Should this national monument become a national park?