303-477-0076 ext. 210
Where will you be when the sun rises? If it’s in Tucson sometime between Dec. 31 and Jan. 11, you might find yourself at the tribal nations’ pow-wow. The 12-day event will feature dancers, artists and vendors and representatives from more than 150 tribes.
Wyoming’s Upper Green River Valley Coalition has a new Web site that provides information, maps and photos related to current and proposed coalbed methane drilling in the valley.
Know an outstanding gas driller? How about a mining company that’s been using innovative technology? The Utah Board of Oil, Gas and Mining is seeking nominations for its 2004 Earth Day awards. Call Mary Potter to obtain a nomination form.
- Rich & Terry Fairbanks on Rural communities in the West need a fair shake
- on Jim Deacon, pioneering desert fish biologist, dies
- Larry Bullock on Ranch Diaries: A New Mexico cattle company is born
- Randy Piper on Bark beetle kill leads to more severe fires, right? Well, maybe
- Delaine Spilsbury on The water czar who reshaped Colorado River politics